Monday, May 3, 2010

Calbee Kappa Ebisen - My Favorite Japanese Foods (No.5)


My favorite Japanese Foods (No.5) - Calbee Kappa Ebisen. 

There is the theme song for this Calbee Kappa Ebisen - my favorite Japanese foods (snack). 
"Yamerare nai Tomara nai, Kappa Ebisen ~" (Translation: "You CAN'T STOP (eating) Kappa Ebisen" in Japanese.) Click the site link and check out this song. It'll be stuck in your head. It's stuck in my brain since I was a kid. ALL the Japanese know it. I swear! 

It's a "shrimp" crackers. Why is this Calbee Kappa Ebisen my favorite Japanese foods?! It damn tastes good. It tastes shrimp. It shapes like French fries but twisted. Light and crunchy snacks. I looked it up what it was in English and "Shrimp crackers" came up. "Shrimp crackers" does sound weird, doesn't it?! LOL. Hey, I'm a Japanese and grew up with it. It was and is normal snack for me :) LOL. It's a classic snack in Japan but still popular one in Japan. You can find it here easily at Asian supermarket. You can get copied Kappa Ebisen made in Korea or China cheaper than the real Japanese one. 

Calbee is well known for their potato chips. My friend's dad designed the famous potato character for their chips!!! (just FYI) But this is one of their HIT products for sure. Now they got all kinds of flavors from plum to wasabi. Catchy flavors that the Japanese would be fond of. This is the original and still the best flavor for me. 

This is like potato chips for the Japanese - it's like saying "you want a Doritos or Lay's?" I know shrimp crackers sound strange but it's very popular snack in Japan. Calbee Kappa Ebisen is still one of my favorite Japanese food.

Check out my favorite Japanese food on Yelp as well. Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment