Friday, April 2, 2010

Becoming Vegetarians ?!

Becoming Vegetarians? Hell no! Wanna know the reason why I'm not Vegetarian?! 1) I love animal foods -it's tasty and nutritious. 2) I understand human being is a sinful creature that can't survive without eating animals. (I mean in healthy way as our body need) 3) I'm not convinced enough the reasons why I should become a vegetarian as Vegetarians claim. I wanna talk deeper about the reason No. 3.
Health, animal rights, religious or other beliefs, environment, parental preferences... The most common reasons for becoming vegetarians. It's your personal choice - I get that and I respect that. But many Vegetarians claim that killing animals are NOT OK, but eating plants are OK. Don't forget the FACT - it's not just my personal opinion. Both animals and plants are alive - that's why they grow. Why can we say which lives are more important than others?? Why can we say killing animals is Not OK but eating(KILLING) plants is OK?? When did we (especially Vegetarians) become the GOD to judge it?!

I do think we all need to realize that we human being are the sinful creature that can't survive without eating alive creatures - BOTH animals and plants. For me (hope not just me), both lives are EQUALLY important.
Vegetarians might claim animals have emotions - they cry. Who the hell can we say plants DON'T have ones? They might have them - we just don't know: I saw an episode at "Mythbusters" that they grew 2 identical plants in a hostile environment (loud music & nasty comments toward the plant) and in a pleasant one (natured music and benevolent comments) at the same time. Guess what? The latter lasted longer....

I do appreciate whatever I eat because of my understanding of food intake and meanings of life. Hence, I'm not convinced enough for the reason why I should eat only plants as they claim. If you give me good reasons, I'll become a Vegetarian and support "Becoming Vegetarians"!!

I share not only my passion about foods and wine here, but also write restaurant reviews on Yelp. I'm not so focused on "Becoming Vegetarians" there (lol), I do talk about foods. Check them out!

3 comments:

  1. Hell no! I'm not ever becoming a vegetarian either! Find me a vegetable that tastes as delicious as seared Kobe Beef or a rare Fillet Mignon. Or a root or bean a that leaves the same blissful feeling as eating crispy roasted Pork. If there are anything like that, then I might consider it. until then, I'm eating meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @k10n3 - I love meat! But I kinda wanna try to become a vegetarian and vegan for a week to appreciate what I do enjoy :) Have you ever thought of it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete