Monday, April 19, 2010

House Curry Sauce - My Favorite Japanese Foods (No.3)

House Curry Sauce - My Favorite Japanese foods (No. 3) - Instant food.

It's called "Kukure Curry" unlike the official name on the package. It's a Japanese style curry in the pouch. All you do (to cook) is to put it into boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes - ready to eat!! How simple is that?!
Open and pour it onto a bowl of rice. You can eat it with bread, if you want. It's easy and TASTY!!! This is very convenient "Instant food" when you don't wanna cook or go camping.

Kukure curry... House curry sauce - this is not only my favorite Japanese foods but also many Japanese kids (I'm sure there are tons of adults love it). Curry is always No. 1 favorite food for kids in Japan. "House" is the most popular curry brand in Japan - just because it tastes good. I often compare it with other brands as a starting point. Other brands can be a little more spicier than House. I still think "House" is the best. I believe most of Japanese think of "House" curry as a standard curry. It's that big in Japan. That's why House opened up restaurants all over the US using their products. You can try the curry at "Curry House". This place has great varieties of homie Japanese  foods - from curry to pasta. It's always packed - especially lunch time.

There are 3 levels of the spiciness - Sweet, Mid Hot, and Hot. Kids love Sweet. Hot isn't so hot - it's just "Japanese" hot. lol. I like HOT personally. I used to like the mild when I was a kid. Obviously I'm not a kid anymore :p But this House Curry Sauce is my favorite Japanese food.

I haven't done the review of Curry House yet, but you can check out other restaurant reviews.

2 comments: