Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Meiji Strawberry Chocolate Bar - My favorite Japanese Foods (No.1)

Meiji Strawberry Chocolate Bar - my favorite Japanese foods (No. 1) - Snacks.
I want to introduce my favorite Japanese foods, which can be very unfamiliar to you. Japanese food is not just "Sushi", "Teriyaki Chicken", and "Tempra". I want you to know that we Japanese eat all kinds of good stuff. This includes homie dishes (we Japanese eat a lot more often than sushi), snacks, drinks that I've been familiar with. I also want to add new stuff from Japanese supermarket sometimes.

Well, I'm not a big fan of chocolate. Why do I include it as "My favorite Japanese foods"?! Because I like it :)
This is $1 chocolate that has been in the market forever. Since I was a kid, this is my favorite chocolate. This is NOT a fancy chocolate ever. But I do like it because it has strawberry seeds in it for just a $1 chocolate! Hershey's chocolate tastes "cheap" but not this one.

Japanese food makers have to create new food products constantly because Japanese get bored so quickly. I saw the news in Japan that even food items at convenient store are renewed EVERY 2 weeks. How often you see new item at Seven Eleven in US?! Let's say.. If "Mango" became "Hot" in Japan, EVERYBODY makes and buys mango products from jello to candy. But the "Hot" period is quite a short. Next hot product will come out in a few months and everyone will move on to the new trend. But this chocolate stays for long time and I do hope it will do so forever :)

I think chocolate taste good. I just don't like the fact that it makes me fat :p I eat chocolate sometimes especially when I'm so exhausted - when I need a sugar. But I'd say this is my favorite Japanese food.

I write restaurant reviews that introduce my favorite Japanese foods on Yelp. Check them out!

2 comments:

  1. I loved my stay in Japan and would like to hear more about this type of topic.

    Keep up the good work and stay hungry! RAWR~

    ReplyDelete
  2. does this choclate have egg also?

    ReplyDelete